Pages

Thursday 12 October 2017

Another One

When I saw the cards which Mrs A had made for the Butterfly Challenge I saw she'd used a die which at the time a few years ago I just had to have but to my shame it's not been used for simply ages.  Because I had a few scraps of the damson purple card left over from the card posted yesterday I searched out the die and some other bits and pieces to make another butterfly card.  The vertical element in this case is the panel on the left including said die.  Luckily I was able to find some toning pieces of paper in my bits boxes which I've used as background and also one layer of the two butterflies with the rest of the purple for the top layers and the sentiment.  I've even used a few pieces of the 'waste' from the trellis die as little added extras and some fairy dust for a bit of sparkle.  You have a couple of weeks to come up with something for the challenge and to be in the running for a lovely prize.


Tall die - Tessatina by Memory Box
Butterflies - Sizzix dies
Sentiment - Crafter's Companion die
Papers - oddments from the bits boxes

6 comments:

  1. The combination of colors and dies is just lovely on this card! I just love how the distressed panel coordinates so perfectly with the water-color look panel! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely challenge inspiring card Val

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely Val. Iv'e kept those little bits from the trellis too. They are sitting in a pot on my desk. I like your idea of using a few on this card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful card Val, love the colour combination too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Val. I love how you've used the waste as extra embellishments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card Val. The papers are lovely and I like the way you've used the waste to embellish. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete