Pages

Sunday 11 June 2017

Home Decor for the Playground

It's time for the fortnightly challenge in the Playground and I thoroughly recommend a visit to see the great card made by Di with some oh so cute little elephants. This time I've made a home decor project using some of  my snippets - mostly tiny ones though so I still have loads left!!  This is a deep box frame with a 6" aperture and the two large squares are 'waste' from previously cut square pierced frames.  Two narrow strip snippets were used as a 'perch' on which the peacock sits but it is the bird himself which has the large number of tiny snippets used for the tail feathers and wings - even the body was cut from a larger piece in the blue snippets box - and yes I do have them colour-coded!! I was so pleased that I have a small die cutting machine because it would have seemed a bit silly cutting those tiny tail feathers on an A4 model!! I added a simple quote - more snippets of white and blue card and there it is - a piece of home decor for a change. I dithered about painting the frame but decided in the end to leave it 'as is', at least for the time being.  Apologies for the quality of the photo but the light wasn't too good yesterday afternoon.


Peacock die - Sizzix designed by Pete Hughes
Perch - embossed with a decorative strip die by Tonic
Words - from a Sheena Douglass stamp set (Indian tiger etc)
Plaque - Sue Wilson dies from Caribbean series
Squares - Sue Wilson Noble Pierced squares dies

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely Stunning Val. I do love Peacocks , especially when the fan their tails. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val your framed peacock is beautiful and would make a lovely gift for someone ..love your colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful project Val, such a pretty die with all of those feathers. This should take "Pride" of place on your wall.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Val, what a stunning project! The most wonderful use of all those teeny snippets for the tail feathers. Love it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val this is an absolutely stunning piece and the colours are beautiful. I am so impressed that you have colour coded snippets!

    I wonder if you could help me please. You have enabled me and yesterday - surprise! surprise! I bought a couple of the 3D embossing folders that you have been using recently. I don't know which die cutting machine you used but I couldn't get any sandwich combination to work with my cuttlebug. I also have a bigshot plus and a cut n boss which I've not tried yet but wondered if you could tell me what you used. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Popped a reply into your last post comments box. Now I've located the page at Crafter's Companion which lists most machines including Cuttlebug. The link is https://www.crafterscompanion.co.uk/3dembossingfolders

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for getting back to me Val and for taking the time to find the link. I really do appreciate your help. I'll have a go on Tuesday and let you know how I get on. Hugs, Barbxx

      Delete
  6. A stunning creation, Val! Such a good use of snippets too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - look at this. Great home decor project Val.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete